Monday, February 22, 2016

Makeup Haul Follow Up: Foundation


I picked up these 3 foundations when I did my Drug Store Haul on Feb 15th. You can go back to that post if you would like to see what else I purchased. I have been obsessed with foundation lately, so I am kind of proud of myself for only buying 3! 

1. Essence Pure Nude Makeup:
This foundation sells for $4.99 at Target. It claims to have a natural finish with a no makeup feel and it moisturizes and has glycerine and vitamin E in it. It is also dermatologically tested. I got it in the color 10 Pure Beige. The color is a perfect match to my skin tone and it definitely has a natural finish. However, it did feel a little cakey to me and it did unfortunately make my face itch. It does have a pump which I love! It is so much more hygienic to me to have a pump. It seems like a very thin texture to me which is fine but if you like heavier foundation this isn't the one for you. It ended up being more of a light coverage foundation. 

2. Catrice All Matt Plus:
I picked this up at Ulta for $8.99. I believe Ulta is still the only place in the States that you can get this brand. This foundation claims to have shine control, be mattifying, last 18 hours, and it is oil free.   It has light reflecting pigments and is hydrating. I got the color 010 Light Beige. This color is perfect for my pale winter skin but it will be to light in the summer when I have some color. I really loved how it lasted all day without a setting powder on it and it looked nice just worn alone. Of course I loved it more because it comes with a pump. It was honestly very matte. It is a very nice consistency and it ended up being a medium coverage. I really like this foundation. 

3. Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation:
This was $3.97 at Walmart. It claims to make your skin 100% powerless, light weight, and be fragrance free. It also has vitamins A and E. I got it in the color 120 Ivory. It is a little to orange for me but I can make it work so it wasn't a big deal. It has a paddle applicator thing. No pump, bummer. It looked very natural and was about a medium coverage. Unfortunately, this foundation did break me out. I guess I can't complain to much as it was so inexpensive. 


Please let me know in the comments if you would like any other information on any of these products. 










































































*disclaimer: I purchased these myself, the opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment