Friday, February 26, 2016

Makeup Haul Follow Up: Face Products


This group of products are the face products I purchased that are featured in my drug store haul from Feb 15th.  This is my first impression/reviews of these 3 products.

1. Elf Tone Adjusting Primer:
I do have quiet a bit of redness in my face so I was very interested in this product and I have heard a lot about Elf primers. 
The price of this primer was $6 at Target. It is described as a neutralizing green to adjust skin tone. It is suppose to be ideal for rosacea, blemishes and redness. 
I have used it multiple times and I have to admit I really like it! I normally use a high end primer but I was very surprised with how well this compared to high end primers. It does have that silky silicone feel, so if you don't like that, than this primer is probably not for you. Overall, it did take the redness down to even out my skin tone, so I am very happy with this primer! 

2. Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder:
This powder was $3.99 at Target. What this powder claims is that it is an extremely smooth fixing compact powder for a matt and natural finish all day long. Helps to blend blush and foundation colors together and fixes make up when applied as a finishing powder. Good for all skin tones. 
I don't normally use a pressed powder, I just prefer loose powder to set my makeup. This powder, however, if very nice and its not very dusty. I have used it with a sponge and a brush and liked it both ways. It is also very mattifiying so I am happy about that and look forward to trying it in the summer when I get a bit more shiny. I have actually started to use this pretty regularly and the more I use it, the more I really like it. 

3. Elf High Definition Undereye Setting Powder:
This product also comes with a small brush to use with it. It sells for $3 at Target. 
Oh, where to start with this product? I liked that it is a loose powder but thats about it. The brush that came with it is super stiff so I also tried it with a different brush. It is a very smooth powder but it did nothing for me. I will not be repurchasing this. 
Have you used this? Am I applying it wrong? Let me know in the comments. 


Let me know if you would like to know more about any of these products.





























































Disclaimer* I purchased these products on my own, the opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment