Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Shampyou Shampoo and Serum Review

I was recently wandering around Ulta and found this shampoo and thought it looked interesting and wanted to give it a try. You purchase the shampoo base and two serums, they also have a conditioner but it was sold out at my Ulta. 
The shampoo base was $10 and there were 4 options to choose from. I purchased the Mimosa + Jasmine. There were 8 Serums I could choose from for $3.50 a piece. I chose Turn Up the Volume SuperSerum and High Definition Blonde SuperSerum. 
The conditioner was also $10 and there was only 1 option for that. 
The shampoo I got was the Nourish and Protect with the Mimosa + Jasmine scent. It claims to be packed with silk amino acids, vitamins and natural essential oils. The essential oils it contains are Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Mimosa, and Orange. The natural silk amino acids penetrate hair cuticles forming a protective protein shield to lock in moisture and prevent split ends. It also has Vitamins B5 and E and is paraben free. 
To use it you snap the caps off the serums and pour them into the bottle of shampoo base, replace the cap and shake for 30 seconds. 
The shampoo base smells really good. It is a fresh, sweet, jasmine smell. The smell did not really change after putting in the serums. 
The Turn Up The Volume SuperSerum claims to be a thickening, body- boost and add volume to fine hair. It contains wheat amino acid, oat protein and grape seed oil. It penetrates every hair fiber to nourish and moisturize from within. This did not have any scent. 
The High Definition Blonde SuperSerum uses lemon citrus and natural chamomile to nourish, brighten and illuminate blonde shades. It enhances color radiance and shine and works for natural, colored or highlighted hair. It had a light fresh scent that was very similar to the shampoo base. 
I made a mistake when I added the serum and added only one and shook the bottle and had a really messy time getting the second one in. Make sure you add both serums and then shake! The scent did not change after adding both serums either.

I LOVE this shampoo! The scent is wonderful and stays in my hair quiet awhile. I did notice more volume after a couple of washes but what really impressed me was the blonde serum. Within one wash my blonde was brighter, within a couple washes it was even more noticeably brighter. My hair just looks cleaner than with other shampoo. It left my hair tangle free and frizz free and just feeling clean! 

Would I repurchase? Yes! As soon as I run out I will be buying this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment