Monday, October 24, 2016

Origins Face Masks and Maskimizer Reviews

I was really excited when I got this sample in a Sephora Play box awhile ago. I love trying different face masks and the new Maskimizer really interests me. 

You can purchase the Maskimizer at Sephora for $22 for the full size. This is a primer to prep your skin for the mask you plan on using. It improves the spreadability and rinseability of face masks while hydrating, soothing and boosting skins radiance immediately. It is good for any type of mask with the exception of peel off masks. It is free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. 
To try this primer out I used it with both masks by applying it to half of my face before applying the mask. It had no scent and is very watery. It did absorb into the skin fairly quickly and was not sticky at all. 

You can purchase the Clear Improvement Mask full-size at Sephora for $4-$26 depending on the size that you purchase. This mask is good for all skin types. It is a charcoal mask that clears pores. It claims to be the solution for dryness, pores, dullness, and uneven texture. This mask also claims to be the number one selling mask in America. It is free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
This mask was a really pretty grey color with a very light scent. My face got very tight while the mask was drying but it did wash off very easily.  After using this mask my pores were less noticeable,  it got rid of all redness and my face was very smooth. The side with the primer looked and felt better than the side without the primer. 

You can purchase the Drink Up Intensive Mask full size at Sephora for $4-$26 depending on the size. This is an overnight mask designed to quench skin's thirst. It is best for dry skin. Japanese seaweed repairs skin's barrier to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature aging. To apply you pat onto clean, dry skin and tissue off the excess and then just go to sleep. It is free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. 
This mask has a weird tropical scent that I couldn't put my finger on to describe. It was very creamy and also very greasy. I left it on over night but I did have to pat it with a towel before bed because it just didn't soak into my skin at all and I did not want to wake up covered in dog fur. The next day my face felt very soft and hydrated. The side with the primer did feel softer and more hydrated. 

Overall, I was pretty happy with both face masks but was really happy with the Maskimizer. I am looking forward to trying that out with additional masks. 


Would I purchase? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment