Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Hawaiian Tropic Review

I just recently received the middle sunscreen as a sample in a beauty box and my best friend purchased the other two for me so I figured I would include them all together in one post. 
I am very fair and burn very easy so I am using sunscreen a lot in the summertime. 

The first product is Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Face. I have been using this daily for two months now. It is $9.99 at Ulta. This sunscreen has SPF 30. It is oil free, non greasy, hypoallergenic, won't clog pores, and has a weightless matte finish. It is infused with silk protein and shea butter. It claims a 12 hour moisturizer with a warm tropical fragrance. It is water resistant for 80 min and is dermatologist tested. I really like this sunscreen. Its just as moisturizing as my regular moisturizer. I have not had any break outs with it and it smells really nice. 

The second product is Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport. It is $7.99 at Target. This sunscreen is fast absorbing, sweat resistant and 80 min water resistant. It has an SPF of 30 and a light tropical scent. It is a breathable, ultra light formula that is oil free and dermatologist tested. I honestly have not had a chance to decide if it will prevent me from burning because our weather has been nothing but rain for the last few weeks. It went on very easily and rubbed in quickly with no greasy residue and no heavy sunscreen scent. The tropical scent smells really nice and is not strong at all once it is on your skin for a few minuets. I liked the fact it did not feel like sunscreen when I put it on either. Now if only our weather would actually be nice so I can put it to the test!

The final product is Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun. It is $9.99 at Ulta. This after sun lotion combines ribbons of gel and lotion infused with silk protein and shea butter. It claims to have 24 hour moisturization. It also has aloe for cooling benefits and your skin is left soft and refreshed. It has a coconut papaya scent. I really like this product. I use it often after getting out of the hot tub. The consistency is so different with it being both a gel and lotion. It is very refreshing on the skin and smells very nice. The only thing I don't really like about it is that it is very tacky for a few minuets after putting it on. After those few minuets it just leaves your skin feeling very moisturized. 

Would I purchase? Yes, I would purchase the face lotion and the after sun for sure and will decide on the sunscreen once I can actually test it in the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment