Saturday, May 21, 2016

Tarte Tartiest Lip Crayon Review

I received this Tartiest Lip Crayon in the color Latergram in my recent Sephora Play Box. 
A little bit about this liner is there are 10 matte finishes and 1 satin finish. You can buy the full size at Sephora for $18. This liner claims to prime and line lips for a perfect contoured look. It claims to be an easy, glide on formula that is highly pigmented in one swipe. It is a twist up so you don't have to worry about sharpening. It is free of paraben and phthalates. It is also vegan and dermatologist tested. It contains Vitamin E to nurture dry skin and mineral pigments to produce long lasting color and help soothe the skin. 
I was extremely disappointed in this product. I loved the color and I love that it is a twist up liner. However, to use it on my lips it was super dry, no pigment and kept breaking off. To achieve the small swatch shown in the picture it took me pressing extremely hard to get the color and it broke multiple times while I was attempting the swatch. 
I do not know if this is a problem with just the sample size or if it is a problem with all of them. I do know there are multiple people with the same problem as I have with the liner they got in their play box. 

Would I purchase? No, only because I don't want to spend the money not knowing if it will be any better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment