Friday, March 4, 2016

Makeup Haul Follow Up: Lip Products


These are the lip products that I purchased in my drug store haul that I posted about on Feb 15. If you want to see what else I purchased in that haul, go back and check it out. 
Let me preface this by saying I am a huge fan of lip products. I am however, very picky about them as well. I like products that last awhile, not just until I get a drink or eat something. The order in the picture (top to bottom) is the order that I will write what I think about them. 

1. Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid
I was really excited to try this. I have heard a lot of people talking about this, so I was interested in finding out what all the hype was about. I purchased this for $7.99 at Ulta so it was a little pricy for a drug store product. I got the color 10 nude flush. The product smells like cupcakes so that was nice. I don't like a chemical smell on my lips. The color is BEAUTIFUL. It applies with a doe foot type applicator. While it was a great formula and a great color, I did not think it lasted very long at all. 

2. Catrice Ultimate Lip Glow
I really did not know anything about this product, I just thought it looked like a neat product. I now know why I never heard anything about it. I got this for $5.99 at Ulta. I believe Ulta is the only place in the states that you can buy Catrice products. I did not care for this at all. The color is very light and barely showed up at all on my lips. It is very hard to put on. It just pulled my lips when I tried to put it on. If you know how to make this work, leave me a comment. 

3.Flower Lip Butter
I picked this up for $3.50 at Walmart in their clearance section so I am not sure if you can still find this exact one. I got the color LB5 Haute Honeysuckle. It is a beautiful natural color that glides on very smooth leaving my lips very moisturized. It lasts about the length of any other lip butter but it made my lips feel so good that I didn't mind reapplying more frequently. This was the first Flower product I have tried. I am excited to try other products. 

4. Essence Liquid Lipstick
This was $3.49 at Target. Everyone seems to be talking about liquid lipstick so I figured I would just give this a try since its not very expensive. I picked up the color 05 Peach Party. It has a doe foot applicator. The color is perfect for spring and summer with a bright pink shade. This product also smelled like cupcakes. It did not last as long as I thought it would. It took scrubbing to get the swatch off my arm but came off my lips as soon as I got a drink. 

5. Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick
I have to admit that I have never been a big fan of Rimmel lip products but I love this color so I gave it a try. It was $6.99 at Ulta. I got the color 600 Peachy- Beachy. It is a beautiful bright pink that will be perfect for spring and summer. My opinion on this lipstick is torn. I love the color and it did last quiet awhile. The problem I had is that it is very crumbly. It took me awhile to get it to look normal and not patchy but once I did I really liked it. 

6. Wet N Wild Mega Slicks Balm Stain
I am a sucker for any lip stain so I knew when I saw this that I had to pick it up. I paid $2.93 at Walmart. I got the color 128 Pinky Promise. There were several shade there and I do intend to go pick up some other colors. This particular one though was a pretty light pink shimmer color and it was very moisturizing. It lasted about 5 hours before I had to reapply and it did not give me the weird ring around my lips like some stains do. 

7. Essence Long Lasting Lipstick
I purchased this lipstick at Ulta for $2.99. I got the color 07 Natural Beauty. It is a beautiful natural color that is great year round. It lasted a really long time so that made me really happy. It was a little crumbly the first time I used it but everytime after that it has been fine. I will probably try a couple other colors since the price is so great. 






If you have any questions about any of these lip products or any of the other haul products don't hesitate to ask in the comments. I hope you enjoyed this Drug Store haul. Be on the lookout for a Dollar Store Haul coming up. 

















































Disclaimer* I purchased all these products with my own money and all opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment