Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Dollar Store Face Product Reviews

On Feb 17 I posted a dollar store haul I recently participated in. I decided to do a series of reviews/ first impressions of the things I purchased. This is the first of 3 blog posts so be on the look out for the next two!


These are the face products I purchased. I pretty sure I wasted more money than necessary but it was fun anyways. Come on, who doesn't like shopping for makeup lol. I will start at the top of the picture and work my way down.

1. Elf HD Blush-
I spent $1 on this at the dollar tree. I got the color Showstopper. The packaging said it is a rich pigmented color for a soft focus effect. It is velvety soft, light weight, highly pigmented color and long lasting. It does have a pump so thats cool. They were telling the truth about it being a highly pigmented color! This stuff lasted a LONG time. Thats about the only good thing I can say. It was so hard to spread out to make it look decent. I tried a little, I tried a lot but I could not make it look normal. I looked like a clown, ya'll!

2. Wet N Wild Intuitive Blend-
I paid $5.50 at Dollar General for this. It is a shade adjusting foundation and primer. I got it in the color 176 light. Oh my, where do I even start with this? This product really sucked. It was really watery, it had huge white "beads" in it, and it smelled AWFUL! You had to used your fingers to apply it, the beauty blender or brush did not work at all. The beads like melted with your fingers and it gave the color. It was a nice color at least but it was very light coverage and just didn't flatter my skin tone at all. Plus, I couldn't get over the smell.

3. Sassy + Chic BB Cream-
I spent $1 on this at the Dollar Tree. It is a multi- action skin care and makeup. I love BB creams so I was curious about this one. I got it in the color Light 1. It was VERY light. I am very fair and this color was to light for my skin tone. It was very thick and hard to blend with very light coverage.

4. LA Colors Liquid Makeup-
I spent $1 on this at the Dollar Tree. I got the color in True Beige, mostly because it was the only color option available hahaha. If it was the correct color I would have loved it! It was a flawless looking finish, it had a pump dispenser, it had a nice consistency and nice coverage. It was just way to pink for me.

5- Elf Cover Everything Concealer-
I spent $1 on this at the Dollar Tree. I got the color medium. It is a bendable cream with great coverage. It is very long lasting and didn't melt away throughout the day. Unfortunately, it was just a shade to dark for me. I am hopeful it works during the summer since I really did like this product.

So, overall, I didn't do such a good job on the face products and basically wasted my money on most of them. As always, let me know in the comments if you would like to know anything else about any of these products.
























































disclaimer* I purchased these with my own money, all opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment